Sprint has released its latest firmware update over-the-air (OTA). The 1.56.651.2 is basically a maintenance fix that, amongst other things, sorts out the SMS battery drain issue that users were having. The update itself is 3,748,377 bytes in size. It appears that the rollout has gone smoothly, although you’re recommended to reboot your phone twice – once before and once after installation.
Users are reporting that the Sense UI and Peep is running much faster after a phone reboot. The handset also feels much snappier. Apps now have the correct name (& picture) and some users are saying that there is stereo output through headphones (didn’t it have this already?) The memory leak related to Bluetooth is also reportedly fixed. If there are any other major fixes, let us know in the comments below.
Update: Check out the official changelog after the break.
Feature Updates and Enhancements
HTC Hero Software Enhancement SW 1.56.651.2 provides feature updates and enhancements to address the following:
• Improvement to camera picture quality
• DST (Daylight Savings Time) issue addressed
• Unable to receive SMS due to full memory
• Memory leak when Bluetooth is in connecting state
• 3.5mm mono when not using headset with mic
• Dialer application causing excess battery draw