HTC Hero’s Android 2.1 ROM leaks

by Hero on December 1, 2009

in Applications, Firmware

HTC Hero Android 2.1 ROMFor the adventurous amongst you, the Android 2.1 ROM update (including the Sense UI) is now available to download via the gurus over at AllDroid. The leaked ROM is apparently relatively easy to install, although as always you should backup first before attempting the upgrade. I believe it will only work for handsets that have been rooted.

Early impressions suggest that this is very early code. The UI is sluggish and some widgets are missing. Some are saying that whilst it’s nice to play with, it’s not recommended for your primary phone. Others say that Android Market doesn’t allow you to download apps. Let’s hope that the final release isn’t too far away for those with unrooted handsets! Click through for a screengrab showing the kernel version.

HTC Hero Android 2.1 ROM

Via xda-developers.

Screenshots via Android Court.

1 qvert December 1, 2009 at 6:09 PM

nice that you use my picture without mention that it was from my website.. doesn’t matter for me but it’ nicer to say the author ;)

2 Hero December 1, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Apologies Qvert. We were meant to include it, but forgot! I couldn’t find your original post with the screenshots though? I just linked to your main site. :)

3 qvert December 2, 2009 at 6:58 PM

i deleted them due to legal reasons ;)

4 Firax December 2, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Thanks for the post. Very interesting – I’m gonna check out xda-dev

5 eric December 2, 2009 at 10:37 PM

I don’t get it… you mention AllDroid gave the info but in article you say XDA which doesn’t even have it? It brings you back to AllDroid so whats the point of saying XDA when it has nothing to do with them?

6 Jai December 2, 2009 at 10:43 PM

The source is Alldroid.org not xda-devs, if you looks at the xda post, it links back to alldroid.org, you should give proper credit in your report.

7 Hero December 3, 2009 at 7:33 AM

I saw it first on xda-developers, but the source of the ROM is indeed Alldroid so I’ve swapped the attribution links around.

Also, I may be missing something, but I can’t see any link back to Alldroid in that first post on xda-devs?

8 eric December 3, 2009 at 2:32 PM

That link you have to XDA is a post where the guy stole it from AllDroid. There was the download link in the original thread as well as a thread here http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=545