HTC Hero Android 2.1 update coming in March?

by Hero on January 26, 2010

HTC Hero Android 2.1 update coming in MarchHTC will apparently the launch the Android 2.1 for the HTC Hero by the end of March, according to a representative of Irish mobile operator, Meteor. Glynn from the website forum said the following:

“Just got another update on this and HTC have said they are releasing 2.1 on the Hero and we are hoping to have this available by the end of March.

This will be available via the HTC website and we are also looking at other ways to make this update easier to access for our customers. As soon as I hear any more on this I’ll let you all now because I know the release of 2.1 is something that everyone is looking forward to.”

It’s hard to say that the update has been delayed, especially when Sprint were talking of a H1 2010 release for the update. However, with MWC on the horizon, HTC better get on their bike before people give up and move on to their next phone! Personally, speaking the rumoured HTC Bravo has me very interested…

1 Ruzina January 26, 2010 at 8:32 PM

So last week they said mid-Feb now it’s the end of March. In about 6 weeks time, they’ll probably say it won’t be available til the end of the year lol

Still be waiting…

Ruzina x

2 frontieruk January 26, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I’m tempted by the bravo, tho being a tech whore I may get the N1 as you know that’ll have each android update as released due to it no having to have sense ported

3 SHiDi January 27, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Hi

Does this mean that Hero users will be able to upgrade without flashing the Rom?

4 Joff January 27, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I don’t get what all the hype about Android 2.1 is – my Hero runs fine on 1.5 and unless 2.1 is going to perform miracles on the pathetically inadequate camera I’ll probably just trade up for the Bravo when it’s released.

5 cristiano January 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Why 2.1? For starter WPA enterprise support with certificates!

6 botogol January 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM

2.1 will probably drain the battery even faster. :-(

7 Bench January 28, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Last week HTC said it was mid-Feb. This week an Irish mobile operator says they are hoping to have it available by end of March. So then HTC must still be releasing the generic Hero ROM mid-Feb given that it takes some time for the operators to release their customised versions….

8 Rainer January 28, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I will never buy an HTC-device again!

9 JonnyNeptune January 29, 2010 at 5:31 AM

The battery is no longer a prob for me after buying 2 spare 1500s with a xtra battery charger off eBay for dumb cheap

10 peter ebenezer January 29, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Battery life is no problem for me because I’ve set up all my applications properly.
3 days usage easy….

All that said and done though I do fancy one of those extra umph batteries….

11 BC February 3, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Meteor rupitable?

People been after that Glynn guy for a few months about meteor’s shocking support of the hero (sync issues, drop of coverage)

So i wouldnt believe a word out of his mouth to be honest!!

12 Alex E February 4, 2010 at 10:17 AM

According to HTC Europe there’s a new ROM out now/released today (4th Feb) for the Orange Hero. . . http://www.htc.com/uk/supportdownloadlist.aspx?p_id=283&act=sd&cat=all

13 Danb February 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM

“According to HTC Europe there’s a new ROM out now/released today (4th Feb) for the Orange Hero”

Yes, but before anyone gets too excited, it’s a minor increment, and NOT 2.1…

14 peter ebenezer February 5, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Yeah. Checked last night. I get a little extra signal that’s about it.

Also a new ‘people’ widget (3×3) that ill never use…