Telus finally gets round to rolling out HTC Hero Éclair update

by Hero on October 29, 2010

in Firmware

HTC HeroAll of those HTC Hero owners that have been enjoying the Android 2.1 firmware update for months now should spare a thought for those on the Telus network, who have only just now been given the upgrade. New features include Flash support 4.0, Google Maps Navigation, Voice-dialler, Multi-Touch navigation, People Group Widgets.

Via Mobile Syrup.

1 sachin October 29, 2010 at 9:03 PM

How I get it…

2 Tamas October 29, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Hi,
Just turn of your auto-date update in the menu then set your date about 3 months ahead.
Good luck

3 navidndc1078117 October 31, 2010 at 4:00 AM

Of all the features that includes the Flash support 4.0, Voice-dialer, , People Group Widgets, Multi-Touch navigation etc. I think Multi-Touch navigation is the one that is something most people anticipated highly.

4 mobile prices January 26, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Like past firmware updates, the roll-out will start small (1,000 users) and gradually build up over the course of the next week or so when all devices should have received the update.

5 Tamás February 7, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Hey everybody! Anyone else noticed that the youtube player doesn’t play the newer videos lately?
Well I did, and contacted the HTC support, and got the following reply:

Dear Tamás ×××××,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

In regards to your email, Due to a change in the way that YouTube delivers their video to external players, the player on your phone requires an update to be able to connect to and play videos from YouTube. For your HTC Hero, this update will be an Over-The-Air update, and is scheduled to be released at the end of March. When your phone receives an update, we will notify you via our website and on various social medianetworks including Twitter and Face book

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number ×××××××××.
Sincerely,

Ryan

HTC

So yes, there is going to be another update by the end of March :)

6 HTC Evo 3D Cases June 8, 2011 at 6:06 PM

The Hero was a great phone, but now I can’t wait for the new Evo to be released on June 24th. It is going to be amazing.

7 coupons June 13, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Looks good, I want to buy

8 Peter June 27, 2011 at 10:48 PM

It gonna be so freaking awsome. HTC rules.

HTC Cover

9 Mike August 22, 2011 at 8:54 PM

When I sent in my original HTC
which was why

- I was able to continue to charge that phone.
- the HTC technician was able to charge it as well in order for him to troubleshoot the touch screen issue.

After the HTC technician replaced the touch screen, he claimed that its USB port was not working,
and that he wanted to charge me $198. This charge and claim from HTC about the USB are invalid on
several accounts:

1. Its USB connector was working fine when I sent it. that was how I was able to charge the phone.
It looks like when the HTC technician replaced the motherboard damaged the USB while he
replaced the motherboard. Or he was just looking for ways to cover the warranty repairs.

2. USB is part of the phone, so even if it stopped working, it is covered under warranty.

I asked HTC to provide proof about its USB port claim. It took HTC three weeks to send me a picture of a USB port,
which does NOT validate its claim. I then asked HTC to send me back my original HTC phone to exchange for my replacement. The HTC representative declined to do that and still wants to charge me $198, citing HTC policy
not to return the original phones.

Note that

- Before I sent in my original phone, the HTC representative did NOT tell me that it could not return my original phone.
- by government laws / regulations of commerce, the customers have the right to decline repair charges
and receive their original products back. They take precedence over HTC’s so called policy about
– not being able to return the original phones to exchange for the replacement phones and
– insisting on charging an extortion fee for an invalid repair that the customers do not agree with.

However, HTC insisted on keeping my original phone and wanted to charge $198
Therefore, HTC is acting like a bunch of gangster and thugs by keeping their
original phone for the extortion and ransom amounts of $198.

The bottom line: Do not buy HTC phones if you do not want defective products and services

10 htc August 22, 2011 at 9:26 PM

When I sent in my original HTC phone for warranty repairs, only the touch screen was defective. Its USB port was still working
which was why HTC was able to charge it as well in order for them to troubleshoot the touch screen issue. However, HTC claimed that its USB port was not working, and wanted to charge me $198. It looks like HTC was just looking for ways to cover the warranty repairs. Do not buy HTC phones if you do not want defective products and services.

11 Reddy November 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Hi Admin, As i forgot unlock pattern for My HTC Hero mobile i tried multiple times and is now asking me to enter my Google email id n Password. Even though i entered my credentials, it is not unlocking. I am able to receive incoming Calls only.

Can anyone tell me the solution plz..